Verys, recognized as Orange County's fastest growing software development firm, has an immediate opportunity for a Sr. Java Developer
to work with in our client's Santa Monica office. As a Sr. Java Developer,
you will work with a small team working on high-visibility and complex technical web and mobile projects for one of our marquee gaming client. You will work alongside technical leads, developers, business analysts and project managers but will also be responsible for interfacing directly with our clients. You will stay up-to-date on the latest Java frameworks and methodologies and will collaborate daily to understand the overall business and functional flow of the applications your team is developing.
Local candidates only! Must be able to interview and work in our client's Santa Monica office. Recruiters submitting candidates that are not local will be removed from consideration for future positions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Java, J2EE, Spring MVC, Spring Boot
- Experience with microservices. Distributed systems, Scaling, Caching, Database queries, Authentication
- Database experience (SQL, Stored Procedures)
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in software technology-related roles
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Java and Spring MVC
- Experience utilizing Agile SDLC methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, software engineering, or engineering-related field, or equivalent business experience.
- Bonus points for the following:
- Docker, containers and schedulers like Kubernetes or DC/OS
- Elasticsearch, Kibana or Grafana
- Experience with other languages such as Golang, C++, Ruby, Groovy, etc.
- Passion for gaming is a must!