Verys, recognized Orange County's fastest growing software development firm, has an immediate need for a Sr. Software Developer in Test to work onsite at our client's Irvine headquarters. This role will work on an Agile Scrum team to test backend API functionality.
Local candidates only, please. Must be able to interview and work onsite in Irvine CA.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and maintain automated test harnesses and libraries for API and Batch
- Create test scripts from smoke, regression, and functional test plans
- Integrate test scripts with frameworks such as Jenkins/Travis CI
- Manage inbound test requests, estimating time needed and working with other team members to set priorities
- Communicate test results and highlight any potential quality risks
- Assist other software engineers in writing effective tests
Desired skills & experience:
- 8+ years of experience developing automation frameworks with one of programming languages: Java/C#/Ruby/Python/NodeJS/Go with SQL and/or NoSql (MongoDB/DynamoDB/PostgreSQL) database.
- Demonstrated skill in testing enterprise back-end services
- Hands-on skill set with RESTful API development and/or testing
- Experience with Jmeter/Soasta/Load Runner performance test tool for web services
- API testing experience is a must!
- Experience integrating test harnesses and test results into continuous integration and build environments
- Experience with AWS or cloud platforms is a plus
- Day to day experience working in and Agile environment on an Agile team.
- Strong leadership skills, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, and inter-personal skills
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Strong at multi-tasking and prioritizing activities to meet the project needs
- Recent experience in creating test strategy, test plan and test cases for large projects
- Good at capturing and documenting necessary details for test cases
- Ability to learn the business logic quickly to interpret requirements and prioritize defects